Vlad Zamfir Inspirational Quotes: Tribes of Mentor by Tim Ferriss

1. “No one is qualified to tell you how you experience the world.” P 502

2. Absurdism provides a clear philosophy of failure: either the intention was absurd, the strategy was not reasonable, or it was reasonable but was not executed correctly.
It’s often hard to tell whether I’m trying to do the impossible, or whether there are reasonable behaviors that I haven’t yet thought of trying, or if I’m trying the right behavior but without enough skill.
Absurdism is not just a tool for helping people be reasonable. It is also a critique of rationalism. It says that there are contexts where having intentions is absurd. That sometimes rationality is absurd, and should therefore be abandoned. P 502-503

3. Something is unreasonably effective if it seems to be useful outside the scope of its assumptions, outside the scope of the context in/for which it was developed. P 503

4. I try to make plans that allow me to be more relaxed and focus my time on more important things. I try not to make my life more complicated than it needs to be. This often means turning down engagements, but it’s worth it. P 505

Image result for vlad zamfir

https://medium.com/@Vlad_Zamfir

VLAD ZAMFIR is a blockchain architect and researcher at Ethereum, working on blockchain efficiency and scaling.

Reference

Ferriss, Timothy. Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World (P. 501). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Kindle Edition.

Comments