Mike D Inspirational Quotes: Tribes of Mentor by Tim Ferriss

1. The older I get, the more I realize you never know when and where different lessons and practices are going to come from. P 241

2. It is amazing what a great “reset” TM can be. The structural demands of TM are very doable in the context of our current lives. Twenty minutes when we get up and 20 minutes toward the end of the day when we really need it anyway. For me, it is a great safe place where I can go deeply into my own trauma and drama, free from fear—decreasing being reactive and clearing space to be proactive. My relationships with everyone benefit. P 241

3. ~spending 20 minutes doing TM can help me completely refocus and recharge. It often allows me to see things differently and be productive for hours, which equals a good return on investment. P 242

4. ~surf offers me a great reset. I instantly become so much more grateful and appreciative, and by being in nature’s playground, it offers perspective. The ocean and the wave are in control, not me. I am just a little speck trying to breathe and do the best I can. P 242

MICHAEL “MIKE D” DIAMOND is a rapper, musician, songwriter, drummer, and fashion designer, best known as a founding member of the pioneering hip-hop group The Beastie Boys. The Beastie Boys have been included in Rolling Stone’s “Top 100 Greatest Artists of All Time” and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April 2012. Eminem said, “It’s obvious to anyone how big of an influence the Beastie Boys were on me and so many others.” The Beastie Boys disbanded in 2012 after the death of one of the group’s founding members, Adam “MCA” Yauch. Mike currently hosts a Beats 1 radio show, The Echo Chamber.

Image result for mike d quotes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_D

https://www.amazon.com/Solid-Gold-Hits-Explicit-Beastie/dp/B000BGR0SS/ref

https://www.amazon.com/Check-Your-Head-Explicit-Beastie/dp/B000002V1I/ref

https://www.amazon.com/Licensed-Ill-Beastie-Boys/dp/B001NZEHMS/ref

Reference

Ferriss, Timothy. Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World (P. 239). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 

Comments