Patton Oswalt Inspirational Quotes: Tribes of Mentor by Tim Ferriss

1. Embrace the suck for a while. Chances are your first job is going to stink and your living conditions won’t be much better. Enjoy the scrappy years, ’cuz they’ll make you self-sufficient way faster. Ignore anyone who tells you to go for security over experience. P 106

2. I see a lot of people telling comedians to try to have more of a social antenna rather than a moral or creative compass. Trying to second-guess what the masses will accept or reject always leads to stagnation. P 106

3. I’ve definitely become better at saying no as a snap decision, rather than something I need to go think on and brood about. If something doesn’t grab me, chances are it isn’t worth pursuing. That certainly wasn’t true in my younger years, but as I get older I know what’s right for me and what I can’t bring anything to. It doesn’t even mean that something I say no to is necessarily not worth pursuing. It just means it isn’t worth me pursuing it. There’s a difference. P 106

Image result for patton oswalt quotes

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Patton_Oswalt

https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Screen-Fiend-Learning-Addiction/dp/1451673221/ref

https://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Spaceship-Wasteland-Patton-Oswalt/dp/1439149097/ref

PATTON OSWALT is a standup comedian, actor, voice artist, and writer. For at least two years, I listened to his third comedy special, My Weakness Is Strong, on repeat in my car. I highly suggest tracks 8 and 9, “Rats” and “Orgy,” respectively. He is also known for roles including Spence Olchin in the sitcom The King of Queens; Remy (voice) in the film Ratatouille; and playing multiple identical brothers, the Koenigs, on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Patton has won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special and a Grammy Award for Best Comedy Album for his Netflix standup special Patton Oswalt: Talking for Clapping. Patton is the author of the New York Times bestseller Silver Screen Fiend: Learning About Life from an Addiction to Film and Zombie Spaceship Wasteland: A Book by Patton Oswalt.

Reference

Ferriss, Timothy. Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World (P. 104). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Kindle Edition.

Comments