Bozoma Saint John Inspirational Quotes: Tribes of Mentor by Tim Ferriss

1. ~when people care, they’ll go beyond the extra mile to understand you. P 38

2. It’s fascinating to watch people go by. There’s so much you can learn about a culture by just watching its people walk with each other . . . all of it can be learned and make the observer a more respectful participant in that culture. P 38

3. I sleep. Or rather, I nap. It’s like a refresh button for my mind. I wake up clearer and more able to make the “gut” decision because I’ve stopped thinking. Whatever I’m feeling when I wake up is the feeling I go forward with. P 38

4. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” We spend far too much time complaining about the way things are, and forget that we have the power to change anything and everything.
“I’m starting with the man in the mirror”—Michael Jackson. Same message; different delivery. P 38


Image result for bozoma saint john

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozoma_Saint_John

BOZOMA SAINT JOHN is the chief brand officer at Uber. Until June 2017, she was a marketing executive at Apple Music after joining the company through its acquisition of Beats Music, where she was the head of global marketing. In 2016, Billboard named her “Executive of the Year” and Fortune included her in their “40 under 40” list. Fast Company has included Bozoma on its list of “100 Most Creative People.” Bozoma was born in Ghana, and she left the country at 14 with her family to immigrate to Colorado Springs.

Reference

Ferriss, Timothy. Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World (P. 37). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Kindle Edition.

Comments