Steve Aoki Inspirational Quotes: Tribes of Mentor by Tim Ferriss

1. The quote I live by is “By any means necessary.” It’s from Malcolm X. I did whatever I could with the tools in front of me with no excuses and no complaining. You gotta find a way to get your project done; you gotta think outside the box. P 520

2. ~instead of following the trends, you want to identify the trends but not follow them. It’s good to recognize trends, but if you follow them, you get sucked into them, and then you also fall with the trend. I focus on the energy of my music, not the trend. The energy itself doesn’t have a name. It doesn’t exist in that space of being cool or not, and at the end of the day, the feeling itself is the most important thing to recognize, because the energy that my music will give off and attract is a very human feeling. P 523-524

3. Generally, the first thing I do is meditate so I can reset everything—reset my brain and reset my energy. If you’re hitting that wall or getting upset with yourself and can’t get back to finding inspiration and creativity, you have to reset and go back to the basics. By doing this, you go back to the soul of why you do what you do. And most important, it’s not about how much money you can put into a project; it’s not about how many people you can put into the project; it’s about the gut feeling that you find in the center of why you did it in the first place. You just gotta get back to that place, and if it makes you happy, then ride that happiness into a state of flow. P 524-525


Image result for Steve Aoki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Aoki

http://www.steveaoki.com/

STEVE AOKI is a two-time Grammy nominated producer/DJ, entrepreneur, founder of Dim Mak Records, and designer of the contemporary menswear line Dim Mak Collection. Since launching in 1996, Dim Mak Records has become a springboard for acts such as The Chainsmokers, Bloc Party, The Bloody Beetroots, and Gossip. As a solo artist, Steve lives on the road, averaging more than 250 tour dates per year.

Reference

Ferriss, Timothy. Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World (P. 519). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Kindle Edition.

Comments